(Courtesy of Tnuva) Just in time for the busy back-to-school and holiday seasons, TnuvaUSA has unveiled a new line of sliced “deli cut” cheeses at supermarkets in the metro region.
Tnuva’s Edam, Swiss and Muenster cheeses are now sold in 6-ounce deli-cut packages, featured in a resealable zipper to lock in freshness after use.
“Deli-cut cheeses are not only a convenient, easy-to-use choice for consumers, but this selection also creates better choices for delicious sandwiches and toasts, whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner,” said Yoram Behiri, president and CEO of TnuvaUSA. “Because of the growing demand for deli-cut products, we will also be featuring all of the aforementioned cheeses in their ‘light’ versions in the coming weeks.”
TnuvaUSA’s deli-cut Edam, Swiss and Muenster cheeses are chalav Yisrael and kosher for year-round usage (including Passover) and highlights the Vaad Mehadrin, Chug Chasam Sofer Bnei Brak and OU-D (Orthodox Union) kashrut standards.
RECIPE: Cherry Tomato and Cheese Torte
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- ½ package Frozen Rolled Puff Pastry Dough for Sweet and Savory Pastries, prepared according to the package
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 bunch chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- ½ container (about 1 cup) Tnuva goat cheese
- ½ package (3/4 cup) Tnuva Edam deli-cut cheese, finely chopped
- ½ container (about 1 cup) Tnuva feta sheep’s milk cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- For coating:
- 1 egg + 1 tablespoon water, mixed well
- Bake in 10” square baking dish
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and cover baking pan with baking paper.
- In a bowl, mix the cherry tomatoes, garlic, basil, salt and olive oil.
- Cut the dough into a 10” square and place onto the baking paper. Using the remaining dough, cut 4 strips about 10” in length and 2” in width. Set each piece of dough onto each side of the baking dish, creating a frame on all four sides.
- Spread goat cheese onto the dough. Sprinkle with the Edam and feta cheeses, and top with oregano.
- Arrange the tomato mixture over the cheeses. Brush the edges of the dough with egg.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the dough is golden and the cheese is bubbling. Serve immediately.