I have to admit, I love to bake, but don’t have time to patchke. So, if there’s a way to prepare quality baked goods for my family while cutting corners on prep time, I’m in! Tnuva’s de la Créme fillings are the perfect solution for making all kinds of fabulous, professional looking pastries, without the extra work. De la Créme comes in four delicious flavors: Halva, Halva & Carobs, Cookies & Caramel, and Hazelnut with Cocoa. Each is ready to use and spreadable. Use with your favorite recipes or try this no-fail Danish recipe, formulated by the Tnuva Chef Zohar Ballas.
Hazelnut, Chocolate and Coffee Mini Danishes
For the dough:
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 7 oz. sour cream (or non-dairy sour cream)
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 tbsp. dry yeast (or 1 oz. live yeast)
- 1 stick + 1 tbsp. softened butter (or margarine)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
For the filling:
- 3.5 oz. de la Créme Hazelnut with Cocoa Cream
- 1 tsp. instant coffee granules
For the coffee syrup:
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 tbsp. instant coffee granules
1. Place all ingredients for the dough in a bowl and mix until you get the desired consistency. Cover and let rise until the dough doubles in size.
2. Combine de la Créme Hazelnut with Cocoa Cream and the instant coffee granules and set aside.
3. Place the coffee syrup ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat until sugar is melted. Set aside.
4. Roll out half of the dough into a long narrow rectangle and spread with half the filling.
5. Roll lengthwise and slice into 2-inch pieces, then place them in a baking tray spiral side up.
6. Repeat with the second piece of dough and the remaining filling.
7. Cover and let it rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes until double in size.
8. Brush with beaten egg and bake at 350 °F for 30-40 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and brush with coffee syrup.
By Hadassah Bay