While we all absolutely love summertime and enjoy the sunny days and long summer nights, the heat and humidity that comes with the season isn’t exactly “good hair weather.” Heat and humidity cause hair to look frizzy and/or limp. It is challenging to hold a “styled look” in the summer, and sheitel curls fall quickly. Those with long hair resort to ponytails, braids, buns and updos to avoid the sweaty feeling of hair sticking to the back of their neck. Here’s a twist on some easy summer hairstyles to spice up your look while keeping you cool!
- Fishtail Pigtails: Part your hair and divide in two sections, make two low fishtail-braid ponytails and secure with rubber band at bottom. To achieve this look for hair coverers, use a Brelco 2 made by Justbrayz by Chaya—they come in pigtails and ponies or a bandit.
- Messy Bun With Braid: Pull your hair into a high bun, secure it with a top knot and wrap a braid around it—this look is achievable for hair covers using a wonder wig, updo wig/ponywig and kippah fall.
- Elegant High Pony: This look is so elegant and comfortable, it’s becoming very popular for many sisters of the bride and bridesmaids. You take the top third of hair and make a half pony, secure with a band. Then take the second third of hair and secure in a ponytail about two inches directly below the first pony. Take the bottom third of hair and secure in a pony two inches below the second pony. For sheitel wearers this look is easily achieved with a full pony sheitel or fall.
- Braid With Hair Rolled Up: Place a braided headband on top of hair. Wrap the hair around the bottom of the head band and secure with bobby pins. For sheitel wearers this look can be achieved with any type of sheitel fall or kippah fall.
- Incorporating a Scarf or Ribbon Into a Braid or Bun: This style is most easy to incorporate into anything and transforms regular braids and buns into chic looks.
By Sari Friedbauer
Sari Friedbauer is a licensed and certified hair and wig stylist. She is available for consults and can be reached at 201-694-5319.